A variety of special procedure treatments have been developed to aid in the nonsurgical treatment of spinal conditions. These include spinal injection
- Epidural steroid injection
- Facet joint aspiration or injection
- Radiofrequency ablation procedures.
- Intradiscal injection, aspiration, or other tissue treatments
These therapies are reserved for patients who cannot be adequately treated by medication, and exercise or physical therapies. In many cases they help patients
- Avoid more invasive surgical treatment.
- Reduce inflammation and pain
- Help patients advance their exercise based treatments
- Shortening the course of recovery (get you better faster)
Most of these treatments are conducted by targeting specific pain producing structures under some radiographic imaging.